Of course I have been obsessing over my lack of fingerprints. In fact, my hands are sliding off the keyboard as I type this since I have been using so much hand lotion. Not sure why I'm trying this - I always use hand lotion so I really don't think that is going to make a difference. I called our case worker to see if she has ever come across this. I'm expecting to hear something like "Oh, yes this happens from time to time - it's no big deal, all you have to do is blah blah blah." That's not quite what she said. It went more like "What, I've never heard of such a thing happening, let me ask the other case workers". Nope none of them have ever heard of it either. I guess maybe that's better than saying they have seen it once with someone's great great great great grandmother.
I still have my fingers (gently) crossed . The very patient woman that took the fingerprints said that there is a chance they will pass and that it depends on who reviews them. Is it wrong to hope for an untrained, apathetic, overworked FBI employee?
Saturday, December 10, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Okay.. have to share...my friend's friend had the same problem. Fingerprints just wouldn't appear and if this is of any encouragement... they just got their referral with this last batch! So hang in there... I have also heard of this happening just by reading items on APC (Yahoo group - A Parents China).
Hang in there and good luck!
Lisa : )
I was a deputy sheriff and I've fingerprinted (literally) thousands of people over the years. Hand lotion is a big no no. The same ingrediants that make your hands soft and smooth make it impossible to get a good clear print (even after washing and drying your hands). The livescan machines are super picky. It may not be so much your fingers as the skill level of the technician taking the prints. If you have to repeat it, ask for several people to attempt to print you. The only people who had really problematic prints were people who stabbed their fingers to draw blood (diabetics) or people who chew their fingers or had other injuries to the skin on the pads of their fingers.
Best of luck! I hope the prints don't bounce!
:)
Donna
Hee hee... honestly, I do know how to spell ingredients! :)
Post a Comment