Saturday, January 07, 2006

Hello, my name is Karen and my husband has a Chia Pet

I'm sure there are support groups that I could talk to about this. Yes, despite my pleading and shameless begging, Jon is actually growing the lovely creature that my dear Mom sent him for Christmas. I didn't want him to grow it for two reasons. One, I have to agree with my Mom on the "tackiness" factor. More importantly, I had BIG plans for this thing. My brother Paul was going to be the next lucky recipient of the prized Chia. With our family, this could have gone on for years!! No sooner had Jon opened it, I could picture Paul's face when he opened it next year for Christmas. Priceless. So Paul, you can go ahead and let out a big sigh of relief. It is Jon's Chia, not mine, so he gets to do what he wants. Within 24 hours, he began "Operation Chia". I was secretly hoping it wouldn't make it while we were gone a few days for our Atlanta New Year's trip. He is quite proud of his progress so far. Stay tuned.

Note: No Chias were actually harmed for this post. However, I can not promise the same for Jon should he continue this new hobby.

2 comments:

Johnny said...

When he gives it a name and makes goo-goo noises to it, that'll be time for a little "oopsie, accident".

Anonymous said...

Do the adoption officials know about this? I understand that pets sometimes get jealous of a new baby.