Monday, April 17, 2006

How To Get Adults To Participate In An Easter Egg Hunt

We hosted Jon's family for Easter yesterday. It was a good day. Hopefully everyone enjoyed themselves as much as we did. Jon was determined to have an Easter Egg Hunt. Unfortunately, our nieces/nephews on Jon's side of the family are a little past the Easter Egg Hunt stage. The youngest is 14 and hunting easter eggs is not cool. The oldest is in his 20's (I'm afraid to ask Jon exactly how old he is since it will only serve to make me feel really old.) Jon's answer to our aging guest list - get plastic eggs and put dollar bills inside. There was also a "prize egg" that had a larger cash prize. It worked well. In case you were wondering adults will hunt for eggs if there is money inside of them. Unfortunately we didn't snap any pictures but it was pretty funny. In the end we came up one short so there is still a dollar hidden somewhere in our yard. Unless of course one of our guests came back last night to look for the last egg. Diane, was that you? Otherwise, that will be Jon's tip next time he cuts the grass.

I don't think I have mentioned this here but his niece is pregnant and due late summer which is very exciting. Yes, Jon and I are going to be a Great Uncle and Great Aunt before we become parents. That's cool with us - one more to practice on....right, Erin? Therefore in the next year or so we will have a couple of little ones to add to the mix and hopefully can cut out the cash bribes.

9 comments:

Stacey T. said...

What a terrific idea!!!! Sounds like fun!

Ava's family said...

I'll hunt for cash or chocolate!

glo said...

Sure It sounds like lots of fun. I used to host the whole extended family for an easter gg hint. I his the kids lower and the adults higher int he house usually although a couple of times we did it outside, then I gave the little people and the senior citizens a little head start. There were special maked eggs with extra prizes. We didn't even hide money to get the adults toplay. Just something the family did as tradition. I thinkinside each one of us adults is a kid who wants to be able to play some times. Our family enjoyed it. Well at least I think they did. They went along with it several years in a row anywya.

Jen R. said...

Yep..money would work for me, too.

Suzanne said...

How fun! How do I get an invite?

BTW, I am a great aunt about 6 times over. Derek's brothers are 20 and 22 years older than him, so don't worry. I figure it won't be to many years before I am a great great aunt. They're all a little on the redneck side....

Suz

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ... the chocolate would have been enough for me to hunt for them! :0)

Anonymous said...

Ok Karen, It was me back to find that darn egg. That dollar means a lot to me. By the way we had a fabulous time and the goodies were great.. Justin will be 28 next month..

Ava's family said...

Tag, your it! Check out my blog for all the detail's!
Lisa

Sandra said...

Great idea! Our adult only egg hunt fizzled due to lack of interest and the Texas heat! Cash would take on a whole new twist to the game! Ok that and having a new little one home for us next year!