Which reminds me, some of you asked if you could send your kids. I'm afraid we aren't able to accept any additional campers as we should probably keep the adult to kid ratio at 1 to 1.
As chairman of the planning committee, I can tell you that I have a few things planned but those will remain a secret for now. I am sure there will be pictures and stories so stay tuned. Despite my BS post yesterday about not obsessing over the referrals *, I am considering putting each of the kids, my parents and Jon on a rotating 3 hour referral watch. I already have all the important sites bookmarked so it wouldn't be too tough for them. (Well I would have to teach Ivy to read a couple of key words but how hard could that be? I'll start her on the flash cards first thing. ) Then I could have 24 hour round the clock referal watch. Brilliant. Besides, without three kids to look after, my sister Hope might be a little unreliable in the next few days.
Speaking of pictures, I thought it would be a good idea to capture a "before" shot. You know, so that we can properly assess the damage, I mean fun, that we have. Here are three of the four kiddos (they are picking up my Brother's daughter in the morning.) My BIL took this before they left today.

* I am currently allowed to obsess since we are now in a severe referral alert status. My new resolution only applies to anything less than a severe status. OK, and maybe a high status.....

5 comments:
Jeez, those kids get more beautiful every time I see them or their pics!!!! Onward to success with Camp Jon & Karen. Say hi to your folks for me.
I think the rotating kid watch is a GREAT idea! They're never too young to be helpful. Come on kids, click click click, we need some good news. ;-)
Have fun with Camp J&K!
Camp J&K looks like fun! Can I come? I'll help with the kid to adult ratio, although I'm not sure if I'm help or not. I can bake cookies, does that count?
I can't believe you can't find room for my 3! They really don't take up that much room. Come on....pleeeeeeze?
Have a great time camping. My kids did it for the first time this year and loved it!!!!
Post a Comment