Sunday, July 09, 2006

Funniest Thing Ever Heard At 35,000 Feet


I've logged a few miles over the last 15 years or so. I've heard and seen some crazy stuff while flying the friendly skies. I once heard a two hour conversation between a minister and a Las Vegas stripper - I kid you not. Too bad I didn't have a blog then!! Anyway, I was on a flight yesterday and as the flight attendant comes down the aisle to take our drink order, the woman next to me orders a strawberry daiquiri. HA!! Would you like that before or after the five course meal you are going to be served? This wasn't even a "real" airplane. It was a regional jet. What do those things seat, like 60 people? You can't even stand up. Sure, the thing is equipped with some (hopefully) sophisticated navigation equipment and your seat cushion will somehow magically become a flotation device in the event of a water "landing" but sorry, no blender.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

What, no frozen alcoholic drinks? And you call yourselves the friendly skies...

Anonymous said...

Hope springs eternal for the clueless!!

Anonymous said...

At least she wasn't drinking a Jack and Coke and eating a Whopper from BK at 6am :=)

Anonymous said...

Amazing, isn't it? You and Mark need to put your stories together and have them published!! Between the number of miles you've put in and all the miles Mark has been flying and dealing with some bizarre passengers, you two definitely have some good stuff!