Saturday, August 05, 2006

Traded Our Disco Shoes For Some Rock and Roll

Last night we went to the Tom Petty concert with some friends. Even though it was an outdoor concert and it was about a bizillion degrees outside, we had a blast. Very good show. We saw The Rolling Stones last November which was excellent but even despite the sauna situation last night, I think I enjoyed last night's concert more. Yes, he just released a new album but I only counted a couple of songs that were "new". Lots of the old favorites. My voice is a little shaky this morning from singing and screaming. I am sure if everyone would have been quiet and Tom could have heard me, he would have invited me onto the stage. Oh, and Stevie Nicks joined him on stage!!! I wasn't aware that she was joining the concert in some cities so it was a very pleasant surprise. They sang a few songs together including "Stop Dragging My Heart Around." She stayed on stage with her tambourine for most of the concert and took a bow with the rest of the band at the end.
Anyway, I AM TIRED. The last couple of weeks have been nonstop with the nieces/nephews and then a crazy week at work last week. Next week is shaping up to be a "two city" week so I think I am going to be taking it easy this weekend.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Ohh, I saw Tom Petty in concert probably eight or so years ago - he was so good! Glad you enjoyed it!

4D said...

I always feel that if everyone else would be quiet, the person performing would hear me and ask me to join them on stage. Good to know that I am not the only one!

Keep smilin!