Thursday, May 21, 2009

I Need An Epidural...


Ok, if someone wants to call me with a referral, I am ready. I have pen, paper and a list of questions sitting by the phone. Heck, I've even had a shower.
9:18AM - A referral has arrived in Ireland.
9:50AM - The offfical CCAA box has changed to reflect that referrals will include up to March 14, 2006. WE ARE IN!!!! RING PHONE RING
11:49AM - Freaking out. Jon is playing classical music apparently trying to calm me down. Not working.
12:07PM - Just determined that I can check the RQ main blog, RQ discussion forums, yahoo March DTC group, email AND make sure the phone is working in exactly 33.2 seconds.
12:42PM - Someone in the US just got a call. Not sure of their LID.
1:21PM - Referrals are happening. Someone that shares our 3/14 LID has a referral. I'm about to vomit.
2:02PM - Comment moderation is now on. Some buzz kill individual TRIED to steal my joy with a nasty message. I knew it would happen sooner or later so I was ready. Sorry if anyone had to see it. Back to our regular programming.
3:10PM - We have a daughter. 10 months old. no picture yet. need to call family. more later.

20 comments:

Sandra said...

Anxiously waiting for you to post good news!!!

Anonymous said...

Come on phone ring ring ring!!! I so know how you feel and someone could make millions if they could figure out an epidural for adoption!!! ENJOY!!!!

Sherri said...

ring phone ring

Anonymous said...

I've been out of touch but so happy to pick up on things now. How exciting! Can't wait to see your good news!

Caleb, Jenn, Nathan, Andrew & Caden said...

Ooooo....I hate suspense!!! Have you called the phone company to make sure the phone is working properly yet????? Just to be on the safe side! :) I can't believe it's finally time!!!! This is worse than labor....at least during labor, you have something to focus on totally!!! RING RING RING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I may not be able to leave the computer all day now!!!

AmyO said...

Best wishes on your referral!

Anonymous said...

Push! Push! Breathe! You're doing so well! Come on, I know you can do it!

Can't wait to finally meet "Lulu!"

"Tia" Jen

Caleb, Jenn, Nathan, Andrew & Caden said...

I'm seeing 3 on the RQ site posted so far!!

Suzanne said...

Can't wait to hear all about it!!!

FWIW, we don't have a name yet either... LID 3-27-06....

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Caleb, Jenn, Nathan, Andrew & Caden said...

I was looking back at baby pictures, and I have to say that no matter how painful labor and delivery were, your labor has been far worse!!! I admire the both of you for hanging in there and having such positive outlooks through this entire journey! I'm so happy for you!

Red Sand said...

Waiting here with you!!! It's a good day.

Suzanne said...

YAY!!!! I am so happy for you! Can't wait to hear all about her!

Caleb, Jenn, Nathan, Andrew & Caden said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my gosh, I can't wait to see pictures and hear details!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Patricia Roebuck said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Our daughter is 10 mos as well!! Enjoy!!!!

Yoli said...

Congratulations!!! Stopping over from RQ site!

Special K said...

Just saw your news at the bottom of this post... congrats!!! Can't wait to hear more.

Team Issaquah Pressed 'N Squeezed said...

Congrats you two! Welcome to your little girl! She will be so loved. :-)

Grossesse Made in China said...

hehehehe nice !!

Lori said...

This is so funny! I hope I can keep it together and accomplish as much as you did when it's my turn! lol
Congratulations!