Sunday, November 06, 2005
How hard could it be....
to write a one page letter to the Chinese officials explaining why we want to adopt and that we promise to be good parents and never abuse or abandon her? The instructions from our agency clearly state to keep it to a page. I have had the toughest time with this. The letter is the easy part, the hard part is keeping it to one page. It's ironic to me that in a process so extremely lengthy and complicated, this letter is kept so short and simple. To me, this letter is the most important part of our dossier. I have so much more than one page to tell the people that are giving us this amazing gift. I have been working on the letter off and on for a couple of weeks. I had a draft done yesterday but I couldn't get it down to less than a page and a half. I took it out again today and was able to shorten it some but it was still over a page. Every sentence was there for a reason and I couldn't shorten it any more. So I asked Jon to take a look and see what he could do. Two seconds later, he said that he had gotten it to a page. I couldn't believe it. "What in the world did you do?" I asked him. He says.... "I changed the font size." Sometimes I scare myself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment