
I have to admit that I haven't really bought into the whole ladybug thing as of yet. In case you haven't memorized the China Adoption Handbook, Ladybugs are considered a good luck symbol for families adopting from China. Supposedly if you see one, that means that you are going to get some good news about your adoption soon. Don't get me wrong, I've always liked ladybugs. I just can't say that I felt any different about them after we started pursuing our adoption and I learned about the ladybug connection. Maybe I'm a bit cynical, maybe I don't like cliches', maybe a little bit of both. I love that other people want to smother themselves in all things ladybugs,I just haven't felt the need. However, today was a little different.
I went out to check the mail and something caught my eye as I was walking back towards the front door. Yep, a ladybug. Now, I am not the most observant person in the world and was busy enjoying my nice stack of junk mail so I can't believe that I even saw her. Also, it was quite chilly today - cooler than it has been in a long time. But there she was. Now tomorrow will be one month since our DTC so maybe we are going to hear something about our LID soon. However, I am going to dedicate this ladybug to a friend with an LID of 5/31. She's knows who she is. The last batch of referrals went through May 25 which quite frankly stunk. She held her head high and knew that she would be in the next group. Now there is the chance that this next batch will only cover up to 5/30. Everyone was of course hoping that part of June would be covered but to leave out a day in May....please don't let that be the case. Anyway, this ladybug is hers. I have no idea what her ladybug was doing in Texas but some things just can't be explained.

2 comments:
You are a good friend! Tears are just running down my face. My big brother told me when we started this journey that you meet the best people in the world in the adoption community. Truer words were never spoken.
Monica
Awww - you're sweet to send your good luck vibes to a friend in need! Ya know at first I couldn't care about ladybugs either, but heck, if it comes down to needing luck then I'll scrounge for it anyway I can! hehe
Post a Comment