Saturday, March 04, 2006

Our Favorite Season

Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall? Nope - we're talking crawfish season, baby!!! (Yes, it's crawfish and not crayfish. I don't care what the spellcheck says. Please don't say crayfish.) I realize that not everyone appreciates this fine delicacy but in South Louisiana where I come from, crawfish are actually their own food group. And cooking them is nothing less than an art form. Needless to say, there is only one restaurant in our city that I trust with boiled crawfish. Lucky for me, I married a man that appreciates them as much as anyone (even if he is a Texan). We just got home from gorging ourselves. Mmmmm Mmmmm.

P.S. to Andree' - Don't worry I ate enough for you and me both!!!

3 comments:

Johnny said...

Oh my, that makes me salivate. It's the season? Better get hoppin.

M3 said...

Ha! Your "even if he is a Texan" just cracked me up!

Enjoy the crawfish!

Stephanie said...

The first time I ever ate crawfish was just this past summer at a crawfish festival not far from my home. Even though it was hotter than hell that day, I really enjoyed them. You can't find too many places in New Jersey that have crawfish, so it was really an extra special treat.