Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Babys Got A New Pair Of Shoes


Well, technically they are booties. And these aren't just any old baby booties. These were knitted by Jon's great-grandmother. My MIL gave them to us recently. She has several pair that she used for her kids and she had the foresight to keep a pair for Jon, his sister and brother so that they would have them for their kids. Now that is thinking ahead!!! These were knitted by our daughter's great-great grandmother and they have never been worn. The picture can't do them justice. They are adorable and I am so touched that she gave them to us. Of course we don't know exactly what age/size our daughter will be when we finally get to meet her. However, they have quite a bit of stretch so I'm sure we will get to use them at least a bit. Thank You Mil!!!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Those are darling and I love that your MIL saved them for you guys. So sweet!

Stephanie said...

What a thoughtful gift! They are just beautiful.