Man, this kid can sleep. I think she has a little bit of a cold and mostly I think it's just her way of "dealing" with all the changes. She seems to get up, take in as much as she can and then crash. She had two, two-hour naps yesterday and then slept from 8:30pm - 5:30 this morning. She had a bottle and went back to sleep. It's 7:40 am and she is asleep again. Every time I put her in the baby pouch, she falls asleep on me. When she is awake, she's happy. She loves to be held and if you put her down, she will whimper.
And patient, she is very patient with us. I am sure that she has figured out she got a couple of rookies. I've worn the baby pouch wrong, made bottles that were too thick and too runny and she just goes right along with it all.
She is TINY. I knew she would be tiny according to the latest measurements we received just before traveling. However, I was still surprised. The dress she wore yesterday was a 3-6 month dress and it fit. Actually the matching diaper cover was a little too big. I don't think she has been given much in the way of solid foods. She will eat from our chopsticks or fingers but she's not a big fan of the spoon. She wouldn't eat much at all (other than her bottles) the first day but yesterday was a little better. She ate a fair amount of steamed egg last night. So all in all, she is doing fantastic.
What else? Oh, yes Mary she has dimples!!! We can see them when she smiles. Also, She is sleeping in the crib in the hotel room, not with us. Well when she feel asleep after her bottle this morning, I put her in my bed, but generally it's the crib.
Here's a short video of a couple of giggles that we managed to get yesterday.
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
She really is just precious!
Katie did not eat anything when she first came to us and could not tolerate a spoon in her mouth at all. Here's a tip that I did with Katie for what it's worth...I would get baby food in jars & put it in with her formula, sort of a baby smoothie. Looks gross, but she gained 2 lbs in 2 weeks.
Very cute!! Love her giggles! That is so awesome that she's a great sleeper. We struggled with sleep for MONTHS!
Post a Comment